Access Statement for The Old Town Hall
The Old Town Hall is located in the Yorkshire Dales village of Redmire, five miles from the town of Leyburn. There are three first floor bedrooms; one with super king size bed with separate sitting area and en-suite bathroom with spa bath; one with super king size bed (with the option to split into full size single beds) and private bathroom; and one king size bed with en-suite. All have quality furniture from Laura Ashley. There is a guest lounge with a comfy sofa and an open fire for the winter months. All our food is freshly cooked of high quality and sourced locally where possible.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require assistance please phone 01696 625641, 07803 125561 or email email@example.com
- We can be contacted by phone, email or text message.
- The nearest main line train station is at Northallerton. A bus service runs to Leyburn then on to Redmire or it is possible to Northallerton West station then use the Wensleydale Railway to Redmire. (Limited timetable)
- We can also arrange collection from any point along the route if required.
- Leyburn is the nearest town, approximately five miles away.
- There is a 24 hour taxi service available in the village.
- There are hire shops for mountain bikes and canoes etc available locally.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is a car park at the rear of the property for three vehicles and parking is also available opposite the front of the building.
- Assistance with luggage is available.
- Drop off is available by the main entrance, on a tarmac road leading to a gravel/stone slab path, there are no kerbs.
- There is access to the rear of vehicles in the car park which has no speed bumps or barriers.
- The contact phone number is displayed at the front of the building.
- The signage is painted on a wooden hanging board.
Main Entrance, Reception
- The front door has a threshold of 100mm (4ins) and is 1040mm (33ins) wide, with a small tiled area (with inset coir door mat).
- One step up to the ground floor which is 150mm (6ins) high, the floor is carpeted and level throughout the ground floor.
- Lighting is down lighters with a dimmer control.
- Normal check-in hours are between 4.00pm and 6.30pm, however an earlier or later check-in time is available on request.
- There are doors from the hallway to the guest lounge/breakfast room.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors
- There are two floors available for the public to use, the first floor is accessed by a staircase and houses all the guest bedrooms and bathrooms. All the floors are carpeted.
- The stairs have 13 steps that are 220mm (9ins) high, 250mm (10ins) deep and 720mm (28ins) wide, with a wooden hand rail down one side.
- All doors are FD30 fire doors and are 730mm (29ins) wide. All bedrooms have either an en-suite or private bath/shower room with wash hand basin and WC.
- Low level lights illuminate first floor corridor after dark.
Public Areas – Lounge/Breakfast Room
- The guests' lounge/breakfast room is on the ground floor and has a carpeted floor, the door way is 740mm (29ins) wide.
- There are three tables laid for two people each, which can be re-arranged for groups to sit together.
- There is an oak cabinet and buffet table where guests can help themselves to cereals, fruits, yoghurts, fruit juices, home-baked bread, home-made marmalade and preserves.
- Specific diets can be catered for (please notify us prior to arrival).
- A large window allows plenty of natural light supplemented by overhead lights and side table lights.
- A comfy sofa is provided.
- Bookcase with maps and guide for guest's use.
- An open fire can be lit in the winter.
- The bedrooms are all on the first floor.
- Automatic audible smoke alarms are fitted in the hallway/landing and bedrooms and are connected to each other to alert occupants in case of a fire.
- Flat screen Freeview digital TV/DVD is available in all bedrooms.
- Lighting is ceiling mounted and uplighters on the walls, all are on dimmer switches.
- One bedroom has a super king size bed; super king size bed (with the option to split into full size single beds) and one bedroom has a king size bed.
- There is seating, bedside tables, bedside lamps, a wardrobe, dressing table/chair plus a chest of drawers in each room
- The kettles are cordless with sight indicators on the rear.
- All rooms have silent fridges containing complimentary milk, bottled water, cordials and a small bottle of white wine.
- Beds are made with feather and down quilts and pillows, synthetics are available on request.
- All radiators and towels rails are fitted with thermostatic valves which can be used to regulate the temperature of the rooms.
- Electrics fans are available in each room to regulate the temperature during very hot weather.
- There are emergency torches in each room.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Private]
- Bathrooms have standard full sized baths with overhead power showers and toilets and sink.
- Guests are required to step into the bath over the bath side, height 520mm. The toilet height is 420mm
- Taps are left right mixer and up down for speed.
- Luxury bathroom has a double size spa bath and separate body jet shower cubicle with bi-fold doors 590mm (23ins) wide opening. Two steps up to shower cubicle are 150mm (6ins) high. Also there is a sink and toilet.
- Floors are covered with 'Karndean' tiled vinyl flooring.
- Doors are swung FD30 approx 730mm (29ins) wide, outward opening.
- We have gravelled area at the front of the building with table and seating, which guests may use to enjoy the afternoon sun.
- Guests may also use this area as a designated smoking area, as smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted in the property. An ash tray can be provided on request.
- Evacuation procedure is detailed in room information pack.
- There is an information folder in the lounge/breakfast room with maps, menus from local restaurants/pubs, and places of interest.
- We regret that we unable to accommodate guests' pets but do of course welcome assistance dogs.
- Mobile phone reception is poor; a signal is available for Vodafone and EE outside the building. The use of the household landline is available for emergency use.
- Free superfast Wi-Fi is available in all rooms. The password is provided in the room information pack.
- Storage/drying facilities are available on request.
- No interconnecting rooms are available.
Address: The Old Town Hall, Redmire, Leyburn, North Yorkshire. DL8 4ED
Telephone: Landline: 01969 625641 Mobile: 07803 125561
Hours of operation: Open all year. Arrival between 4.00 and 6.30pm, departure before 10.30am – these are flexible if agreed prior to arrival.
Local accessible taxi numbers: 01969 625635
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that are offered to our guests.